Speciality chemicals sector
The guide is of particular relevance to the speciality chemicals sector, where the use of multi-product batch processing requires vessel washing between different product campaigns.
The technical and management options examined in the guide have already been successfully adopted by companies from different parts of the speciality chemicals sector. Between them, these companies manufacture a broad range of products, including pigments and dyes, agrochemicals, pharmaceutical intermediates, drilling muds and deodorants.
Despite the diversity of products, processes and company sizes, the measures taken to improve vessel washing operations are broadly similar. They include a range of no-cost and low-cost solutions. The same approaches can help many other companies to achieve similar levels of commercial and environmental improvement.
What the guide covers
- provides companies, and particularly those staff responsible for vessel washing operations, with practical advice on how to secure lasting improvements;
- demonstrates that cost-effective improvements really can be achieved with the right level of commitment and mostly without the need for major investment;
- is applicable to all washing techniques and wash liquors;
- includes a sequence of worksheets, checklists and real-life industry examples;
- gives advice that will ensure product quality is maintained… request a copy of the full document >>
© Crown copyright