Accepta 2899 is a high performance “neutral” tannin based boiler water oxygen scavenger scientifically formulated for use in steam boilers and boiler feed water systems.
Accepta 2899 is not dependant on the feed water temperature and being organic it does not add to the boiler water conductivity so reducing the need for blowdown (compared with sulphite).
Accepta 2899 is ideal as a steam boiler oxygen scavenger, and also as a hot water boiler oxygen scavenger where a neutral product is required.
- Tannate film protects metal surfaces
- Neutral version of Accepta 2812
- Inhibits scale formation
- Protects feedtank and feed lines
- Low toxicity product in liquidform, for ease of use
- Does not depend on feed water temperature for dosage rate
- Does not add to the total dissolved solids (TDS) of the boiler so does not affect blowdown rate
|Appearance:||Red/brown coloured liquid|
|Boiling point:||100 oC|
|Density (kg/m 3):||1.10-1.15|
|Solubility in water (w-%):||100%|
*Full details of the product properties are available in the Safety Data Sheet. See below.
Application & Dosage Information
For complete dosage and feeding recommendations for Accepta 2899 please contact Accepta technical support.
It is always advisable to carry out a ‘Control Of Substances Hazardous to Health’ (COSHH) assessment before use.
For further technical assistance concerning Accepta 2899 please contact Accepta.