Maritime Water Treatment Chemicals & Testing Kits
Accepta operates near the Port of Liverpool and supply chemicals directly to ports all across the UK and abroad supplying a wide range of marine water treatment chemicals as highlighted on this page.
Why choose Accepta?
- We ship direct to your port anywhere in the UK
- We supply own label chemicals with your name on where required
- We operate out of an international port city
- We cover the full scope of water treatment
- Many of our products can be ordered immediately online
- We supply to some of the largest shipping & cruise liner companies in the world
- We can install dosing & plant equipment from UK ports
- We know the chemicals we sell & have experts on hand to assist
Marine Boiler Treatment Chemicals
A ships steam boiler requires treatment for scale & corrosion control to maintain efficiency and to operate safely. Accepta’s manufacturing facilities have been blending & developing high-quality boiler treatment chemicals for over 40 years and have an extensive range to cover all applications.
Marine Oxygen Scavengers: Sulphite, Tannin, DEHA & Carbohydrazide Corrosion Control Chemicals
Marine Polymer Scale Inhibitors: Polymer Only & Polymer Phosphate Blends
Multifunctional Chemicals: Tannin & Sulphite Based – Combining oxygen scavengers, polymers & alkalinity builders into one marine treatment chemical
Alkalinity Builders: Blends including Caustic Soda, Sodium Hydroxide & Polymer Sludge Conditioners
Condensate Line Protection: Steam Volatile Filming Amines, Non-filming Amines & Non-Amine Blends
For more information click the button below or contact us today for expert advice on marine boiler water treatment chemicals.
Marine Cooling & Closed Water Treatment
Cooling systems on cruise liners, large ships & Yachts need to operate effectively on demand for long periods of time as heat energy expelled by machinery running onboard the ship needs to be carried away effectively to avoid breakdown and malfunction. The two main systems for doing this are Seawater cooling systems or Freshwater cooling systems which are pumped in a circuit around the plant rooms and can itself be cooled down via a heat exchange which passes heat energy on to a seawater cooler.
Closed System Scale & Corrosion Inhibitors: Traditional & Synergised Nitrite, Synergised Molybdate, Traditional Tannin, Nitrite & Borate
Closed System Biocides: Isothiazolinone, Bronopol, DBNPA
Anti-freeze Frost Protection: Ethylene Glycol with corrosion inhibitor & pH indicator, Mono-propylene Glycol with colour indicator
For more information on cooling/closed system treatment in marine systems contact Accepta today.
Desalination/Filtration Water Treatment
Cruise ships which supply water to thousands of guests onboard need to take this water directly from the Sea, River or Fjord they are sailing through and since this water is not readily drinkable, suitable for bathing or washing it must be treated first by a mixture of desalination, filtration and base exchange softening to supply a wholesome supply of water to guests. Even much smaller Luxury Yachts and Boats will make use of these systems to filter water from the sea although on a much smaller scale.
Base Exchange Water Softeners
Accepta can supply and commission water softeners to ships moored at ports in the UK as part of a wider treatment plant for supplying water suitable for drinking, bathing and washing. Our range covers the smaller localised softener ideal for kitchens including for protection of dishwashers to the largest industrial applications which can treat up to 50,000l an hour.
See our Water Softener Range.
Marine Reverse Osmosis Chemicals
RO chemicals are based on advanced formulations and include RO membrane cleaners and detergents, scale inhibitors and antiscalants, corrosion inhibitors, biocides, antifoulants, de-chlorinators, and flocculants. Cruise ships which need to supply water to thousands of guests onboard need to take this water directly from the Sea, River or Fjord they are sailing through and since this water is not readily drinkable, suitable for bathing or washing it must be treated first by a mixture of desalination, filtration and base exchange softening to supply a wholesome supply of water to guests.
Accepta RO Chemicals: Antiscalants, Membrane Cleaners, Biocides, Chlorine Removal Chemicals
For more information on treatment of your ship’s Reverse Osmosis plant click the link below or speak to us today.
See our Reverse Osmosis Chemical Range.
Speak to Accepta today to find out what filtration products are suitable for your marine application.
Marine Drinking Water Treatment – Chlorine Dioxide
With many miles of potable water pipework in the average cruise ship and cargo vessel, the need to keep that water free of nasty bacteria which can grow in slow moving/ little-used areas or where ambient heat is transferred to the pipes is high. Bacteria such as Legionella is ever present in water and is often controlled on land by drinking water safe chemicals; most frequently Chlorine Dioxide. Activ-Ox is Accepta’s patented dosing system and is installed in 100s of locations across the UK and around the world, installation in a marine environment can be arranged in advance during stops off at UK ports.
The Safest, Most Controllable way of Producing Chlorine Dioxide
The chlorine dioxide generating system has a number of unique design features which make it the safest, most controllable way of producing the chemical:
- Instantaneous activation – Activ-Ox activates instantaneously, there is no need for mixing and dilution tanks, or reaction vessels containing large volumes of strong chlorine dioxide solutions.
- Robust system – Activation takes place in a reaction manifold which is integral to the system pipework, so there are no fragile injection tubes containing concentrated chlorine dioxide.
- Reduced hazard – No chlorine dioxide gas is produced, chlorine dioxide is only ever produced in solution, and only a few millilitres of concentrated solution are held within the manifold, so there is no hazard.
- Eliminate under or overdosing – The dosing pumps are controlled automatically and are initiated by an impulsing water meter to prevent under or overdosing. The system will fail-safe – there is no possibility of a run-away dosage.
- Integral alarms – The system incorporates alarms to indicate if a pump is not pumping and if a chemical drum is empty.
- As a further precaution against the inadvertent mixing of the chemicals, the injection tubing is double-walled and the chemical drums are placed inside individual bunds with lids.
- In the event of a chemical low level float switches in the chemical supply, containers will stop the dosage and initiate an alarm condition.
- Numerous safety features – double walled dosing tubes, auto lockout pumps, low volume mixing chamber
- Extremely effective against biofilms and amoebae which are major risk factors in outbreaks of Legionnaires’ disease.
To find out more about Activ-Ox Chlorine Dioxide as a solution to drinking water treatment aboard your ship click the link below and/or contact Accepta today.
Marine Water Testing Supplies
Rapid Legionella Detection Test Kit
Out on the seas, it can be difficult to arrange for a lab to test for Legionella from samples taken onboard. The rapid legionella test kit is a method used around the world in locations where lab analysis is too difficult. The kit can be ordered direct to port, order online here.
Biocidal Test Kits
Where a biocide is in use to control fouling and growth of bacteria harmful to health, these biocide levels need to be tested regularly, to keep on top of this you can order Chlorine Dioxide, Oxidising and Non-Oxidising test kits online here.
Laboratory Water Analysis
It can be difficult to arrange for lab analysis when spending a day at most at port but for longer stays, there may be the opportunity to arrange for the analysis of drinking water outlets or chemical levels in the vessel’s industrial water systems. Accepta’s Microbial and Chemical laboratories take orders online for sample kits delivered direct to UK port and include Freepost return packets to simplify return via the Post Office. Do pay attention to return instructions as some analysis needs to be received by the lab the next day to give a UKAS accredited result. To find out more see our analysis range here.
Deliveries to UK Ports
Accepta delivers to All UK Maritime ports including:
- Liverpool & Birkenhead
- London Gateway
- Grimsby & Immingham
- Tees & Hartlepool
If you have a query about the delivery of chemical to your port either in the UK or abroad call us today on 0161 877 2334