Accepta Activ-Ox Foam Cleaning system offers the ability to effectively clean light to moderately fouled packs in-situ by combining the disinfecting power of chlorine dioxide with the cleaning and descaling power of a weakly acidic surfactant mixture. The system produces a high-cling foam which is applied to the surfaces to be cleaned under low pressure. The potential hazard of aerosols is avoided and the cleaning effect can be observed visually.
Accepta’s innovative cooling tower cleaning system is especially useful where it is not practical to remove the tower packing.
Accepta Activ-Ox Foam Clean is based on phosphoric acid and incorporates a foaming agent tolerant to acid and chlorine dioxide.
Foam Cleaner is a two part solution supplied as an A & B component to be mixed at a 1:1 ratio to create an instant reaction of acidic chlorine dioxide for a complete cooling tower pack cleaning system.
Foam Cleaner forms a stable wet high cling foam that will flow slowly through the tower packing cleaning, descaling and disinfecting as it progresses. It is mildly acidic so as to remove inorganic scales.
- Can be used to clean tower packing without removal making it an effective alternative to cooling tower pack removal
- Excellent pack penetration
- Descales and disinfects in a single procedure
- Simple and easy to use – only recommended for experienced operators
|An aqueous solution of phosphoric acid, surfactants & chlorine dioxide precursors
|Sg (at 20oC):
*Full details of the product properties are available in the Safety Data Sheet. See below.
Application & Dosage Information
When applying Accepta Activ-Ox Foam Cleaner foam, always wear a full-face respirator fitted with a B2P3 filter cartridge
Required equipment: Spray Systems Jet Stream Foam Unit and compressed air supply or jet washer fitted with special foam lance attachments.
Prepare the appropriate activated foam mixture in a clean 25L drum as follows:
a) Standard Mixture (light general fouling)
- 1 part Foam Cleaner Part A
- 1 part Foam Cleaner Part B
- Agitate to mix then add 18 parts of water
- Agitate to mix and decant into the foam unit.
b) Enhanced Biocide Mixture (predominantly biological fouling
- 1 part Foam Cleaner Part A
- 2 part Foam Cleaner Part B
- Agitate to mix then add 17 parts of water
- Agitate to mix and decant into the foam unit
Apply foam of the correct consistency by adjusting the control valve on the foam unit. It is recommended that the foam is applied in the following sequence so as to avoid the problem of working below falling foam:
- Vertical surfaces of the sump (if they require foam cleaning). The foam should be applied sufficiently dry to cling to the vertical surfaces with only a gradual creep under gravity.
NB If necessary to enter the sump to apply the foam then normal vessel entry / confined space requirements should be observed and full-face respirator with a B2P3 filter cartridge worn.
- The cooling tower pack and vertical surfaces above the packing. The foam consistency should be adjusted to enable the foam to percolate slowly through the pack without excessive liquid run-off.
- Over-head drift eliminators
Discard all unused activated foam solution.
When using Activ-Ox foam cleaning products drain the tower sump and fill with 2 inches of clean water and add the following cocktail of chemicals to neutraise the foam as ti drips into the sump.
-Approx 500ml/m3 of Accepta DFC Defoamer
-Approx 500ml/m3 of Accepta DES14 Dechlorinator
It is always advisable to carry out a ‘Control Of Substances Hazardous to Health’ (COSHH) assessment before use.
Safety, Storage & Handling
For full details concerning safety precautions, storage and handling procedures for this product please refer to the latest Safety Data Sheet.
To request the latest MSDS for this product please fill out the form below.