TwinOxide is a unique, advanced delivery system of two solid components.
TwinOxide generates a chlorine dioxide solution that is applied as a (drinking) water disinfectant. It is delivered as a two part powder kit of Component A and Component B. Once added to water, TwinOxide reacts to a stable chlorine dioxide solution. The solid TwinOxide kits are easy to store and distribute and have a shelf life of 5 years.
Superior disinfection power
There is a significant chemical difference between TwinOxide and chlorine and chlorine-type disinfectants. Although chlorine can be found in the name, the product is not a chlorine-type disinfectant. When the TwinOxide solution is applied, the chlorine dioxide molecule kills the full spectrum of bacteria, algae, fungi, spores, protozoan, yeast, methanogens, viruses, mold and biofilm by its great oxidizing capacity. Clean water can get infected in pipelines because of biofilm. In contrast with other chlorine and chlorine-type disinfectants, TwinOxide is the perfect solution to remove biofilm.
TwinOxide is available in 2x 200g packs which can be used to activate a 10 litre 0.3% ClO2 solution
Very efficient dosage and water disinfection
In general, 1 liter of TwinOxide 0.3% solution, with a dosage rate between 0.05 – 2.0 ppm will produce up to 60,000 liters of potable water. Deviations of these dosage rates are likely.
Advantages and features
- Easily and safely produce and dose a stable chlorine dioxide solution without a generator.
- Eco-friendly and no production of cancergenic or undesirable disinfection by-products.
- High disinfection efficiency.
- The solid TwinOxide products are easy, safe and cost effective to ship and store with a guaranteed shelf life of 5 years.
- No corrosion effects at use concentrations.
- Selective oxidizer (does not react with e.g. ammonia).
- Effective iron and manganese removal.
- Stable chlorine dioxide solution.
- Not explosive.
- No formation of halogens (e.g. THM, HAA, MX).
- Low residual disinfectant concentrations.
- No strange taste occurrences – improved taste and improved color of water.
- Limited sewage load.
- Stronger, faster and efficacious microbiological destruction within a wide range of pH-value (pH 4-10).
- Many times more oxidizing power compared to chlorine products.
- Effective removal of biofilms and no resistance building by micro-organisms.
- No investment cost in production equipment.
- No construction modifications or certifications.
- No educated & trained employees and high maintenance costs required.
*Full details of the product properties are available in the Safety Data Sheet. See below.
It is always advisable to carry out a ‘Control Of Substances Hazardous to Health’ (COSHH) assessment before use.