Accepta 6009 is a high-performance, highly concentrated solid chemical cooling water treatment based on the very latest anti-scaling, anti-fouling, and corrosion inhibition technologies.It is scientifically formulated for the treatment and protection of cooling water systems operating under “corrosive” water conditions.
Accepta 6009 inhibits the corrosion of ferrous metals using both cathodic and anodic protection; it also incorporates copper corrosion inhibitors.
Accepta 6009 contains PBTC phosphonate, HEDP phosphonate, Versaflex One, Ter-polymer, HPA, POCA, and triazole.
Accepta 6009 is available in fully recyclable plastic bottles each containing 5kg of concentrated solid chemical.
Accepta 6009 is packaged in cases containing 4 x 5kg bottles.
Each case weighs 20kg.
- Innovative solid chemical technology
- High-performance multi-functional scale and corrosion inhibitor with an anti-foulant
- Suitable for corrosive conditions
- Provides system protection at low product dosage rates
- Ferrous metal and copper corrosion inhibitors
- Significant safety improvements
- Easy to handle, simple to dose
- Environmentally friendly
- Reduces carbon footprint
- Significant space savings
|Appearance:||Tan to brown amorphous solid|
|Odour:||Slight characteristic odour|
|Softening point:||49 – 55 oC|
|Bulk density:||1098 kg/m3|
|Solubility in water:||Complete but dissolves slowly|
|pH (1% solution):||8.0 – 9.0|
*Full details of the product properties are available in the Safety Data Sheet. See below.
Application & Dosage Information
The initial recommended application rate for Accepta 6009 is 50 ppm. The application rates provided below are based on the corrosive indices of particular waters, however in practice, rates should be set to suit individual water conditions.
|Water Quality Range||Dosage*||Test Range|
|Ryzner Stability Index||Calcium||Alkalinity||Chemical level in
|6.0 – 6.5||<50ppm||<100ppm||10 – 25ppm||2 – 4ppm|
|6.5 – 7.5||25 – 40ppm||4 – 6.5ppm|
|7.5 – 8.5||40 – 50ppm||6.5 – 8ppm|
(* <50 Ca, <100 ppm alkalinity)
* At a dosage rate of 20 ppm, 1 case of Accepta 6009 is equivalent to approximately 227kg of a conventional liquid product. Comparative values will vary, dependent upon concentration.
Testing and Control
Organo-phosphonate specific test kits suitable for monitoring and controlling the use of Accepta 6009 are available from Accepta.
Feed Accepta 6009 using an Accepta board system.
It is always advisable to carry out a ‘Control Of Substances Hazardous to Health’ (COSHH) assessment before use.
For further technical assistance concerning Accepta 6009 please contact Accepta.