Accepta 8502 – 10 Pack Low Strength Chlorine Dioxide Tablets
This product is an innovative chlorine dioxide tablet utilising revolutionary technology that makes available the highly effective sanitising benefits of chlorine dioxide in a simple to use tablet form. The tablets are specially engineered to carefully control and sustain the release of specified concentrations and strengths of chlorine dioxide gas when added to water.
Generating chlorine dioxide gas with these tablets is simple as in their dry form, the tablets are un-reactive only producing chlorine dioxide when exposed to or added to water.
To activate this product simply remove from the vacuum wrapper, crush the tablets, add to water and stir thoroughly; within minutes the tablets act to produce a solution of activated chlorine dioxide. This generated solution is effective for microbiological and odour control; and pollutant oxidation.
- Highly effective sanitiser, releasing chlorine dioxide only when added to water.
- Convenient tablet form.
- Deliver controlled concentrations and strengths of chlorine dioxide gas on demand.
- Form: Tablets
- Colour: White
- Odour: Slight odour, of chlorine
- pH value: 6 – 7 (0.01 %(m))
- Melting point: Not applicable (120 – 190 °C substance / product decomposes)
- Flash point: Not applicable
- Self-ignition temperature: Not self-igniting
- Explosion hazard: Not explosive
- 10 x 0.4g tablets
- Solubility in water: Reacts with water
Biocidal Application & Dosage Information
This product provides a supply of chlorine dioxide when dissolved in water. Each sachet contains one tablet and in clean water will provide:
- 4ppm in 1 litre of water or,
- 0.5ppm in 8 litres of water.
Be aware that “dirty water” may reduce the levels of chlorine dioxide found.
To generate the chlorine dioxide use 1 sachet in the required amount of water, do not store opened sachets as they will react with the air.
Crush tablets and add to a bucket of water before adding to bulk water ensuring complete dissolution. Alternatively crush tablets and scatter around the stored water but make sure that the water is circulated to ensure complete mixing.
Chlorine Dioxide is known for it’s odour control properties and is used in many markets for this purpose.
Safety, Storage & Handling
*Full details of the product properties are available in the Safety Data Sheet. See below.
It is always advisable to carry out a ‘Control Of Substances Hazardous to Health’ (COSHH) assessment before use.