Accepta 2508 is a high performance, low toxicity molybdate based cooling water corrosion inhibitor scientifically formulated for the treatment and protection of open and closed cooling water systems containing naturally soft or artificially soft water.
Accepta 2508 is an environmentally friendly, biodegradable scale and corrosion inhibitor that delivers superior results, protecting systems against the corrosion of steel, copper and brass, as well as containing an effective dispersant.
In addition Accepta 2508 is stable to both chlorine and bromine at the levels normally found in cooling systems.
- High performance, low toxicity molybdate corrosion inhibitor
- Excellent corrosion control for steel, copper and brass
- Contains an effective dispersant
- Low toxicity
- Environmentally friendly, biodegradable
- Designed specifically for use in natural or artificial soft water conditions
- Stable to chlorine and bromine at the levels normally found in cooling systems
- Controls the formation of scale
- Compatible with most cooling water treatment products
|Odour:||Barely perceptible odour|
|pH:||12.0 – 14.0|
|Solubility in water:||Miscible in all proportions|
*Full details of the product properties are available in the Safety Data Sheet. See below.
Application & Dosage Information
Accepta 2508 should be dosed to give 100 – 150 ppm for open systems and 1000 – 1500 ppm for closed systems.
It is important when starting up a new system or re-starting an existing open cooling system apply a dose of 300 ppm.
Enhanced corrosion control can be obtained by back blending 20 – 60 ppm hardness into the system.
NOTE – Always consider the cooling tower manufacturers control limits.
Testing & Control
Test for molybdate. Control to 5 ppm molydate for open systems and 100 ppm for closed systems.
It is always advisable to carry out a ‘Control Of Substances Hazardous to Health’ (COSHH) assessment before use.
For further technical assistance concerning Accepta 2508 please contact Accepta.