Accepta 2116 is a high performance, environmentally sensitive organic cooling water corrosion inhibitor scientifically formulated for the protection of steel and copper in closed cooling water systems including laser cooling systems.
Accepta 2116 is a very effective cooling system corrosion inhibitor chemical that is blended with buffering agents.
Accepta 2116 is free from heavy metals or nitrites and chromate.
The actives of Accepta 2116 work with a synergic mechanism to control the corrosion rate by forming an auto-limiting film that has no impact on the heat transfer.
Accepta 2116 is a high performance corrosion inhibitor that is proven to achieve a protection comparable to that obtained with nitrite-based products, but with the added advantage being much safer and with reduced environmental impact.
- Highly efficient organic corrosion inhibitor for use in closed systems
- Suitable for laser cooling systems
- Provides protection for steel and copper
- Environmentally friendly, does not contain any heavy metal or nitrites or chromate
- Acts with a synergic mechanism to control the corrosion rate by forming an auto-limiting film Has no impact on the heat transfer.
- Achieves a protection comparable with that obtained with nitrite-based products
- Reduced environmental impact
- Safer for storage
|Boiling point:||100 oC|
|Solubility in water:||Complete|
|Viscosity (20 °C):||6 Cps|
|Freezing point:||-11 °C|
|Boiling point:||100 °C|
*Full details of the product properties are available in the Accepta MSDS.
Application & Dosage Information
The normal recommended dosage for Accepta 2116 is in the range of 0.4 – 1.5 kg/m3.
It is important to check that the pH is always more than 8.8 as a lower value can be an indication of low dosage or high biological growth.
Use normal testing methods to determine the total phosphates and multiply by 18 to get the correct ppm of the product.
In high heatflux systems the dosage must be 600-1000ppm.
Calcium hardness and chlorides must be 10 ppm maximum.
NOTE: Accepta 2116 is not compatible with oxidising biocides.
Our technical consultants will advise you of the ideal level of dosage and testing regime for your individual system
It is advisable to carry out a ‘Control Of Substances Hazardous to Health’ (COSHH) assessment before use.
Contact Accepta technical support for additional technical advice.