Accepta 2812 is a high-performance tannin based boiler water oxygen scavenger scientifically formulated for the treatment of steam boilers and feedwater systems.
Accepta 2812 is not dependant on the feed water temperature and being organic it does not add to the boiler water conductivity so reducing the need for blowdown (compared with sulfite).
Accepta 2812 is ideal as a steam boiler oxygen scavenger, and also as a hot water boiler oxygen scavenger.
- Tannate film protects metal surfaces.
- Inhibits scale formation.
- Protects feedtank and feed lines.
- Low toxicity product in liquidform, for ease of use.
- Does not depend on feedwater temperature for dosage rate.
- Does notadd to the total dissolved solids (TDS) of the boiler so does not affect blowdown rate.
|Appearance:||Red/brown coloured liquid|
|Boiling point:||100 oC|
|Density (kg/m 3):||1.10-1.15|
|Solubility in water (w-%):||100%|
*Full details of the product properties are available in the Safety Data Sheet. See below.
Application & Dosage Information
Use Accepta 2812 to promote a minimum of 120ppm of tannin in the boiler water. This equates to 440ml per cubicmetre/C.F. Where CF is the concentration factor of the boiler.
120-160ppm of tannin as a reserve in the boiler. This equates to (480-640)/CF ppm on the feed, where CF = concentration factor of the boiler.
It is always advisable to carry out a ‘Control Of Substances Hazardous to Health’ (COSHH) assessment before use.