Accepta 2585 is a high performance FDA approved low toxicity condensate line corrosion inhibitor.
Accepta 2585 is FDA approved for use in steam raising plant where the steam contacts food.
Accepta 2585 is a non-amine filming corrosion inhibitor specially formulated from an aqueous solution of alkoxylated fatty acid.
Accepta 2585 protects condensate lines against carbonic acid and oxygen induced corrosion.
Accepta 2585 conforms with Food and Drug Administration Regulation 21CFR 173.310; Boiler water additives permitted in plants where steam contacts food
Accepta 2585 may be safely used in the preparation of steam that will contact food, under the following conditions:
- The amount of additive is not in excess of that required for its functional purpose, and the amount of steam in contact with food does not exceed that required to produce the intended effect in or on the food.
- Accepta 2585 is formulated solely from substances identified in paragraphs (c) and (d) of 21 CFR 173.310.
As an FDA approved product Accepta 2585 does not contain a preservative so the shelf life is limited to 3 months.
- High performance FDA approved low toxicity condensate line corrosion inhibitor
- Does not ‘gunk’ or foul like conventional filming amine treatments
- Excellent corrosion protection
- Easy to use and dose
- Economical in use
|Composition:||An aqueous solution of alkoxylated fatty acid|
|Specific gravity (@ 20 oC):||1.006|
*Full details of the product properties are available in the Safety Data Sheet. See below.
Application & Dosage Information
Feed Accepta 2585 directly into the steam line or header.
Feed Accepta 2585 continuously.
Dose Accepta 2585 neat or diluted (low solids water).
Dose Accepta 2585 to give 10 – 20 ppm in the steam.
Do not mix Accepta 2585 with other chemicals.
It is always advisable to carry out a ‘Control Of Substances Hazardous to Health’ (COSHH) assessment before use.