Accepta 2907 is a high performance, 65% active antifoam and foam control agent scientifically formulated for use in potato processing, vegetable washing and sugar beet applications where foaming is an inherent problem.
Accepta 2907 has shown to be very effective in the control of foam produced in the processing of a wide range of potato varieties.
Accepta 2907 is designed to comply with current UK (MAFF) regulations as well as one or more of FDA CFR 21 Nos 173.340, 175.105, 175.300, 176.170, 176.180, 176.200, 177.1220, 177.2260; BGA Chapters 14 and 36 and the French “Repression des Fraudes”.
During the washing and slicing of potatoes starch is released into the water, and over time the concentration of starch increases, resulting in the generation of foam which when left uncontrolled can adversely affect crisp production efficiency.
Foam carried through to the blanching process can also affect the quality of crisps produced and must, therefore, be controlled.
Accepta 2907 is added to the potato water circuit at the washing and slicing stage of the manufacturing process, reducing foam build-up, and so optimising production efficiency and product quality.
- Potato processing for crisps and chips where systems operating temperatures are slightly warm (between 20 oC and 40 ºC).
- Potato washing and peeling
- Potato slicing and dicing
- Accepta 2907 can be used in extremely small amounts and combined with the potential for increased productivity makes Accepta 2907 an extremely cost effective processing aid.
- Accepta 2907 controls foam production enabling process equipment to operate at full capacity without risk of spillage or product wastage.
- Accepta 2907 is essentially non-toxic with oral LD50 values greater than 5000mg/kg body weight (rats).
|Appearance @ 25°C:||Colourless Liquid|
|Appearance @ 35°C:||Milky White Liquid|
|Viscosity (@ 25°C):||1250-1750cps (#3, Speed 50)|
|Solubility:||Readily disperses in cold water|
|Specific gravity @ 25oC:||0.99 – 1.01|
*Full details of the product properties are available in the Safety Data Sheet. See below.
Application & Dosage Information
The dosage rate for Accepta 2907 is dependent on practice. For further details contact Accepta technical support team.
It is always advisable to carry out a ‘Control Of Substances Hazardous to Health’ (COSHH) assessment before use.
Potato Processing Effluent Treatment
Accepta also supply a range of additional high-performance products for the treatment of potato processing effluents including settling aids, flocculants and adaptive bacteria that help to reduce odour and effluent BOD.