In the UK it is approved under Regulation 31 of the Water Supply (Water Quality) Regulations 2000 for use as an emergency disinfectant for potable water supplies.
Accepta 8101, being a highly effective super sanitiser, its applications are numerous making it ideal for use in hospitals, veterinary surgeries, food production facilities, farms, hotels, industrial and office buildings, schools, swimming pools and spas.
Accepta 8101 also offers a unique and complete bio-security solution for poultry, fruit and vegetable, beverage and meat and fish production.
What is Accepta 8101?
Accepta 8101 is an eco-friendly, multi-component oxidising biocide utilising a stable combination of hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) and silver (Ag) ions to form a highly effective sanitising solution. This synergistic combination is so effective it creates a biocide twenty times more powerful than that of hydrogen peroxide alone.
What are the benefits of Accepta 8101?
Accepta 8101 offers the following benefits:
- Environmentally Friendly – its principal constituent; hydrogen peroxide, does not pollute, as it eventually breaks down into its original, non-polluting constituents, water and oxygen.
- Extremely Effective Biocide – far more effective than sodium hypochlorite or bromine.
- Wide Spectrum, No-Gap Biocide – sanitizing disinfectant effective against all bacteria, viruses, fungi and algae, a simple ‘one-stop’ approach.
- Destroys Biofilm – unlike bromine or chlorine, Accepta 8101 removes the protection that biofilm affords to bacteria and viruses.
- Long Term Effectiveness – has a long lasting residual effect in water and remains stable at high water/air temperatures; its effectiveness actually increases at high temperatures.
- Simple Application – easily dosed into the water supply, using a simple reliable dosing system.
- Simple to Monitor – product concentrations can be easily and accurately measured using Accepta’s peroxide or silver analysis equipment.
- Safe to Use – in its diluted state it does not cause irritation to the skin, eyes, and mucous membranes, nor is it toxic or have any carcinogenic or mutagenic effects.
Example application – biofilm removal
Please review the following example paper demonstrating the use of Accepta 8101 for the effective removal of biofilms.